So today I decided to start taking down notes of things I thought were interesting. I easily forget information that I feel I should remember but oddly enough I always remember that there was something I didn't want to forget. It's a terribly frustrating feeling knowing you once knew something but not knowing what it was you knew...anyway, here are the notes I took and things I'm thinking about them now:
NOTES
Kindle in every backpack- replacing textbooks
Texas and California leading the way
-It would be so cool if i could have access to every textbook i've ever used. I do think there would be some sort of time limit on accessing certain books although book companies could just come up with newer editions and sell those.
Kidsonline video-
Kids are engaged in different ways
Instruction about how to use the Internet appropriately
Line computers up along outside walls
Kids find ways around firewalls- know your students and teach them to have online edict rather than being responsive-cyber ethics, cyber safety
Club penguin- online dangers start earlier than most think
Clicker-audience response systems
Spelling test via clicker
-I hope to be lucky enough to have this sort of class interaction tool. I'd want to ask all sorts of questions from my students. I would either keep the fact that i know who answers what to each question a secret or I would find a way to make submissions anonymous so that I could ask more sensitive questions. This way students would not answer how they think I would want them to but rather how they really feel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment